Securely store and manage data within the Power Platform
With the easy-to-configure integration functions built into Dataverse. In-depth integration with Microsoft’s cloud services such as Azure, Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365-plus access to many connectors in Power Automate and Azure Logic Apps Dataverse can connect to the devices, apps, systems, services and popular SaaS offerings that contain the data for your business.
What is Microsoft Dataverse?
Dataverse allows you to securely store and manage data used by business applications. The data within Dataverse is stored in a set of tables. A table is a set of rows (previously called records) and columns (previously called fields/attributes). Each column in the table is designed to store a certain type of data, e.g. name, age, salary and so on. Dataverse contains a basic set of standard tables that cover typical scenarios, but you can also create custom tables that are specific to your organization and fill them with data using Power Query.
Why should you use Dataverse?
Standard and custom tables within Dataverse provide a secure and cloud-based storage option for your data. Tables let you create a business-focused definition of your organization’s data for use within apps. If you’re not sure whether tables are your best option, consider these benefits:
- Easy to manage– Both the metadata and data are stored in the cloud. You don’t need to worry about the details of how they’re stored.
- Easy to secure– Data is securely stored so that users can see it only if you grant them access. Role-based security allows you to control access to tables for different users within your organization.
- Access your Dynamics 365 Data– Data from your Dynamics 365 applications is also stored within Dataverse, allowing you to quickly build apps that use your Dynamics 365 data and extend your apps with Power Apps.
- Rich metadata– Data types and relationships are used directly within Power Apps.
- Logic and validation– Define calculated columns, business rules, workflows, and business process flows to ensure data quality and drive business processes.
- Productivity tools– Tables are available within the add-ins for Microsoft Excel to increase productivity and ensure data accessibility.
Dynamics 365 & DataverseExperience your data. All data.
Dynamics 365 applications – such as Dynamics 365 Sales, Dynamics 365 Customer Service or Dynamics 365 Talent – also use Dataverse to store and secure the data they use. This enables you to build apps by using Power Apps and Dataverse directly against your core business data, which is already used within Dynamics 365, without the need for integration.
Streamline redundant processes and automate recurring tasks with Microsoft Power Automate that enables business managers to focus on strategic opportunities, gain operational excellence, and attain promising business outcomes.
Transform data to meaningful insights in any form, in a single view, at any place. Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools that analyses data and share insights throughout your organization. Connect to numerous data sources, comprehend and drive gain valuable results.